released.

5.03.2005

refreshers.

I am back from the rugged outdoors with many life changing experiences such as squatting to pee, lugging bales of hay up a hill and not showering for days. I loved it very much as a result of great down time to read and write as well as time to chat with the other guests. I must admit there is something great about finding your place in the world through nature. Not everything revolves around big business - there is actually an eco-system out there if you choose to find it. I feel like I just reread Ishmael. Additionlly found it interesting to be a lone traveler. I quite enjoy it yet there is an added sense of pressure to entertain others. I find it quite easy to slip into interospective mode.

Had a great Thai dinner at a friends house last night with the girls. I think that pretty much everytime I hang out with them I have a great time and last night was another. The one frustrating thing about hanging out is that they are all in relationships and I end up being the only single one there. Granted many of the girls are 5-10 years older than myself - it is still frustrating. As much as I lean towards not wanting a relationship I wouldn't mind some cuddling here and there.

Regardless, spring is here and I am enjoying that within itself. (When it doesn't rain of course.)
:: posted by SarahJ, 3.5.05

2 Comments:

I found my way here by looking for other profiles that mention "Atlas Shrugged"

I'm about to finish reading it, and was wondering if it would be a good idea to read "The Fountainhead" since I'm enjoying the other book so much.

P.S. Who do you think they're casting in the lead roles for the movie?
Blogger Sister Sunshine, at 10:16 PM  
oohh.. there is a movie? I had no idea! That will be quite interesting!

I have to say that I loved Atlas not only because of the philosophy
but also because it was quite fast paced and rather easy to read (I
know that the sheer size can be quite off putting.) I then read the
fountainhead directly after because I had enjoyed Atlas so much.
The fountainhead is a great book, although a little slower in action.
I especially liked the architecture story line mostly because I am
involved in that field and I have heard that it can be a good
introduction to people who are not familiar with the process of
design. Overall I would recommend reading the fountainhead (not just
because it is Rand's most famous) but because it is another example of
her portrayal of objectism in a much more clear-cut, concise form. The
two main characters are quite opposite in mentality. But be ready to
encounter a slower storyline with not as much drama to keep you easily
amused.

I hope this helps a little!

Let me know if you do read it and let me know what you think!!
Blogger SarahJ, at 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment