released.

2.08.2005

grow.

While growing up in the UK I went to the most stereo-typical-British-Harry-potter-type of school possible - Talbot Heath. As you can see from the pictures it fits the stereotypes including the neck tie and blazer look. I am still proud of my ability to tie a tie (something most of my men friends still have trouble doing.)

Some of my greatest memories of this school are those which involved myself and friends getting into much mischief as most young girls do. Myths and legends were passed down the ranks about 'flashers' (old men who enjoyed showing their naked selves off to little girls) that frequented the wooded area around the school, as well as other crazies and scary ghosts. We would always look to the older girls as wiser and more mature as we ran around the woods pretending that we could ski down the pine needle covered sides of old bomb shelters. Those were some great times, full of great memories and stories that even to this day I should not repeat for fear of getting into trouble with the Headmistress - Ms. Leahy.

It was a beautiful, fun place to spend my childhood years. Hopefully one day I will get to revisit the campus to see how much it has shrunk from those days.
:: posted by SarahJ, 8.2.05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment