released.

2.28.2005

begin.

Alas it is monday and not friday. The weekend freedom is over and the boring, responsible part of myself must reign again.

The weekend was not memorable by any means, but had an overall feeling of satisfaction. Sunday, after a wonderful Tofu-Scrambler at a local coffee shop featuring spoken work and sitar players I was struck with the sudden urge to walk. With a digital camera in hand I set out to explore the city only blocks away on foot, instead of a usual car-speed incomprehensable to me. I like to walk and remember being a kid in Dorset - every sunday after dinner the family would set out for a walk around the block just because. There was no destination - just the act of walking. For some reason people here don't walk or if they do there must be a destination or reason behind it.

I detest the fact that I sit in my car to drive 20 minutes to work inorder to enter an office to sit at a desk. Sometimes I feel that my body screams to move and walk. What ever happened to the times when sitting was a privilidge reserved for the important? I miss walking and the overall act of self reliance. Regardless, I am happy that I was able to walk this weekend. I will post some pictures later of what I discovered in Downtown Columbus and the secrets hidden in the urban fabric of a typical american city.
:: posted by SarahJ, 28.2.05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment