released.

1.06.2005

gripe.

I am back into the swing at the gym. I am slightly irritated by the sudden onslaught of resolution rats. I still fail to understand why all of a sudden these people will become workout freaks because the year 2005 just begun.
 
While going there since Monday I have had a woman tell me that I was on her machine (which meant STOPPING in the middle of my run to show her that I had, in fact, signed up for the machine I was using.) I also had a woman want me to get off my machine to grab HER car keys that were across the room so that she didn't have to stop her workout. I refused and so the kind gentleman on her other side stopped his run to find her keys. Craziness I tell you!
 
Then there are the other annoying aspects of the new fad: waiting for machines, getting bad machines, lack of towels, no parking, dirtier locker rooms etc...
 
Hopefully in a week or two things will slow down as people realize how they prefer their reality TV instead.
:: posted by SarahJ, 6.1.05

4 Comments:

I could'nt agree more. Our circuit training class which has a limit of 30 is always very difficult to get into during Jan, unless you book ahead. By Feb the good intenders have mostly fallen by the poolside!
Blogger Brom, at 7:49 PM  
PS Any pics of you in lycra??.. only joking! :-)
Blogger Brom, at 7:49 PM  
Ha! You kidding? I generally work out in sweaty old smelly t-shirts. I think that most of them are probably 7+ years old at this point. Quite disgusting really!
Blogger SarahJ, at 8:02 PM  
I recommend a Saturday. There was nobody there today - it was great. But, good luck Kira with your goal!

I have never done pilates - I tried to sit on one of those balls once and it's hard to keep your balance!
Blogger SarahJ, at 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment