released.

1.12.2005

boo.

Today I went to the bathroom, looked in the mirror and scared myself - I am getting old!

What ever happened to the small incompetent, unknowingly nieve me? The one who made mud pies and then tried to eat them? I miss the running around naked with just welly boots on or climbing decrepid apple trees while throwing the rotten fruit at my younger sister below.

Here I am, a middle aged (and yes 23 is middle aged) woman working in the real world and doing adult activities such as communicating.

It seems odd to me to be able to reminisce about being young and having a great childhood knowing that that little booger was me. Sure I hated the ballet lessons - but that was the biggest stress of my life - along with the urban ledgeds of serial killers and flashers that we all told each other. It was fun!

Now it seems that the only fun people seem to have is based upon cruelty towards others. We all get wrapped up in pathetic situations of no real importance other than ego.

Everyone should just relax, smile and have a slice of mud pie.


:: posted by SarahJ, 12.1.05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment