released.

1.26.2005

blip.

I have talked about Annie Mac before - but I have to again. This girl rocks. She plays the new hip hot music that she finds from all over. Often this suff is tough to get a hold of since some of the releases are only available on vinyl - but it's hott!

Simian Mobile Disco - The Count (Kitsune label) is one I just heard on Annie's show that is full of the blips and bleeps that I have come accustomed to loving.

I find it funny when I look back at the musical journey I have taken in my life in regards to current tastes as well as past ones. I started, as most people do, forced to play the recorder mirgating to the clarinet, saxophone and ending with the guitar. I remember when during high school all I listened to was folk women singers and anything that was over produced was the devil to me - especially sounds that were not created through a 'real' instrument. Now, all I look for is that blip and bleep, computer generated stuff such as magnetophone or 2raumwohnung. I think that it is fascinating to see what these DJ's can do with sounds they produce and create themselves. Imagine creating any sound in your head and recreating it in reality to mesh with other new sounds. Kewl creative stuff.
:: posted by SarahJ, 26.1.05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment