released.

12.15.2004

not sure.

Last night after a wonderful dinner at a friends house - it was not only yummy, but it was full of fun conversation - I called my parents. This call was actually an accident since I was trying to call my voice mail. I learned with this call that my grandfather had died.

My grandpa was old - 92 and was living in a nursing home. He wasn't sick, yet he wasn't young. He is the first grandparent to die, a trend I should probably get used to. Regardless of this fact comes a problem with trying to make the funeral.

The funeral is on Wednesday in Liverpool. My parents are going to head over there soon to pay their respects - but the chance of me going is slim to none. I have no money to pay for the trip, (it is holiday time so flights are much more expensive) as well as time. Work is busy as hell and the thought of taking time out of next week, a great time to catch up on things, makes me nervous. Finally, it seems that anytime I have to go somewhere on my allotted vacation time it is for a funeral. It is becoming quite depressing.

I have been planning a trip to the UK/Ireland mid spring to make the familial rounds which I haven't been able to make in a year or two. This funeral would throw all of those plans out of the window and this quick whirlwind trip for a funeral would be it.

As much as I enjoy being in the US and the opportunities it has presented to me I really hate being so far removed from family.
:: posted by SarahJ, 15.12.04

1 Comments:

Sarah-Jane I am so sorry.
Blogger Brom, at 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment