released.

10.17.2004

Sunday Dusk

It is sunday evening as I sit here typing to someone. I hate sundays - the anticipation that I have for the week is an almost sickening feeling. I dread tomorrow - we have a project going out to bid that needs to be finalized and I am sure that everyone will be on edge slightly. This means that I get incredibly emotional and take everything personally. I am a Cancer which explains a lot, yet it can be very frustrating at times.

Went out with a friend to Hocking Hills this weekend to explore the autumn colors. It was beautiful. Sometimes the city can suffocate you without your realization and a moment in nature can help to alleviate that. It was a needed escape. We also had a chance to hang out in a little town, Vinton (i think) was the name. The town was created around a main crossroad with local diners and 'quaint' american architecture. It was a plesant surprise as we were lost at the time.
I had the local specialty, which was fried califlower for lunch. It was quite yummy. But, one thing that did strike me was everyones kindness and time for you and your concerns. We were given a free map at the local gas station along with no-obligation directions to get us to our destination. We were also asked questions from locals as to where we were from. (must have stuck out quite a bit.) I wish I had a great story to tell - something like: I am travelling to the west coast by car and this is my second day on the road... blah.. blah... Sadly, I replied with Columbus - an hour north. Regardless, it was a nice day trip and quite entertaining.

Additionally, I witnessed the kindness of human nature at our destination Niches Retreat. The retreat which was in true need of support in many ways was given a future due to kind donations. It was a wonderful moment to experience.

It is turning 8pm and I am going to start another movie in my list of 'must watch.'


:: posted by SarahJ, 17.10.04

0 Comments:

Post a Comment