released.

10.09.2004

Sabado

I am currently sitting here at Cup-O-Joe, trying to design a sign that will be placed in front of a prestigous, gorgeous building here in Columbus. I am researching Olbrich for ideas on monument and layering neo-classical ideas. I think that I have a good idea on how to approach the sign.

It seems that ever since I have graduated from college and working full time in my profession, which I currently love, I am scared and terrified of ceasing to learn. In order to continue this theoretical movement I have removed all of my old architecture books to the middle of my kitchen table. I am forbidden to move them until they have been read throughout, thoroughly. Since I am quite anal about mess and clutter, this is a hard feat for me to stare at these books constantly.

I am also, since all of my friends are back in the grind of school without me, have been making a concious effort to watch all of the movies that are celebrated within the industry. I am fed up with being in the middle of a good conversation when someone suddenly makes a reference to a movie that I have not seen (which is quite a few.) I refuse to be that ignorant person again. As of last week I have watched:

On the list for this week is:

So thats about it for the moment. If anyone has recommendations for other 'classics' that are worth seeing please let me know!

:: posted by SarahJ, 9.10.04

0 Comments:

Post a Comment