released.

10.29.2004

Ailment.

I was able to spend the whole day at OU yesterday climbing the roof (as pictured below) and learning how to make whiteprints from ammonia, photo sensitive paper and original linen prints. Fun stuff!
 
I also got my hair cut, which was a great idea since I had been told, quite subtly by a few friends, that I was growing a slight mullet due to it's length. Of course this was quite unintentional, but I suppose that we all have to represent our community in different ways. I chose the mullet hair look.
 
As soon as I arrived at the hair studio (I am unsure of the correct terminology these days) everyone had left and my stylist and I were the only ones there. This was great fun as we took full advantage of the cheesy Dolly Parton music playing and the opportunity to tell ridiculously crass jokes. Man, they were wrong - but VERY funny.
 
As my stylist started on my hair she also informed me of my elevated lesbian status as a full mullet wearing dyke. I think I vaguely recall a short conversation about an Indigo Girls Concert. I insisted that I be rid of this plague as soon as possible - she began to hack away with glee.
 
Well, I am glad to share with you all, that I managed to come out with a brand new head of hair (not literally). I am finally rid of my dyke mullet/helmet head stardom. I have sadly progressed to the other side of the dyke hair spectrum to the super short style. My hair is quite short, which means that I felt rather enticed to shove my femininity down people throats today. The quickest way to do this in the morning without hand-eye coordination (e.g.. make-up) is that of cleavage. Yes, I have cleavage today.
 
I thought this was a wonderful idea: be the powerful, short hair, in control, professional, cleavage woman. Yes! Well, it was all going wonderfully until I started to make coffee this morning at the office and I couldn't open the damn packet of coffee. I tugged and pulled at this little plastic air blown packet. To get that extra sense of power I elevated it near my breast bone and tugged extra hard. And to my elation it slowly opened and I saw it, in s-l-o-w motion burst all over my cleavage and down my shirt. All of this because of my insecurity being a mullet wearing lesbo.
 
Lesson: Buy coffee in a canister and use a scoop.
 
:: posted by SarahJ, 29.10.04

3 Comments:

funny stuff.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:22 PM  
Sarah,

That was frickin' hilarious!

Sorry that happened at work though. ;)


Trev
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:08 AM  
Owww Sarah, isn't it great how life comes up behind you just watching and waiting for the optimum moment to pounce! So whats a girl in a location like yours doing liking Marmite!! And Sophie Ellis B, (I didn't know she was big in the US?).. glad you like guitar tho, and tea! (must add that to my profile)

Stay safe,

Bro-man
Blogger Brom, at 7:26 AM  

Post a Comment