released.

9.27.2004

A Nip?

I am still failing to understand why every time I wake up early and hit the gym before  work I always seem to enter the ladies locker room to find a woman sleeping on the couch. I do applaud this woman for making it to the gym at 5:00 am as it can be a hard feat to accomplish - especially multiple days in a row. Yet, why does this slightly overweight woman proceeds to drag herself out of bed, to put clothes on, drive to the gym in all hopes of reaching her goal of collapsing on the green pleather couch? I am dumbfounded. Even after an hour or so of my run I return again to find her still on the couch. Can someone explain this to me?
 
I am currently listening to Ani DiFranco's new cd - Evolve. It's pretty good, although I feel that she has spun out into a prolific songwriter with poor lyrics. I always thought that her lyrics were the most poignant and strong I had ever heard. I feel that they are lacking in this album, which is disheartening. I am reminded of her "up, up........." album when I listen to this. Yet, not quite as  memorable. Due to this I will forgo her upcoming concert. I am very envious of her guitar playing ability though. She's amazing.
 
Side note: If anyone has nothing better to do - check out this link

http://rainbow.arch.scriptmania.com/rainbow_tv_episode.html

I actually remember watching this show as a kid in the UK. I find this rather scary to see now. Although, in a psychoanalytical perspective it could explain quite a bit.

Enjoy!

:: posted by SarahJ, 27.9.04

0 Comments:

Post a Comment