released.

8.29.2004

Lazy Sunday..

What a weekend I have had. It was great.

Friday night started out crazily and ended with the same gumption. A group of us hit about 3 clubs as well as attending one after hours party. The evening ended around 6 or 7am. Was wonderful and well needed as my weekends were beginning to fall into a routine.

Erin came over last night as we decided to bitch about everything annoying within our lives. This spanned from marriage, to bosses, to friends, to 'why is it storming right now? We have to walk to the Sarah McLachlan concert.'

Well, around 7:50 is finally stopped and we had a good quick stroll down to nationwide. The opening act was someone called Butterfly Boucher. She was quite good and it ended up in us buying a CD of hers - (many thanks to the kind woman, Laurie, who spotted us $5.... hello credit cards?) I have been listening to the CD all morning... it's quite good. Catchy and clever. It also makes it even better when you realize that Butterfly (yes that is her real name) wrote, produced and played all instruments on the cd. Quite a talent.

Sarah McLachlan came on the stage later. She was also very good. Although, considering that this is my 5th time seeing her, much of the surprises were lacking for me. It was also quite a mellow concert lacking much energy. Regardless, she was beautiful and melodic as always. After the concert I had planned on going out to a bar, but I decided that sleep was probably more important considering the friday night I had reveled in.

So, today is sunday and I am relaxing in my apartment. I have accomplished nothing today and plan on accomplishing nothing. Work is beginning to stress me out a little, so the weekends are quite important when it comes to detoxifying.
:: posted by SarahJ, 29.8.04

0 Comments:

Post a Comment