released.

8.10.2004

I wonder -

I have been listening to BBC Radio 4 all day. The stations subtitle is that of ‘Intelligent Speech.’ Who wouldn’t want to listen to that? I am obsessed with a  show called “in our time,” by Melvin Bragg. He is quite good at carrying on an interesting, in depth conversation with people who are at the top of their fields while making himself sound like he knows what he is talking about. It is very good.

 

I always wonder why I have to listen to foreign radio to get a good show to listen to.

 

Regardless, I listened to a show about Proust. When these college professors and literature intellects talked about his 3000 page text they made it sound great. So I have decided that this is my new goal – after I finish my Nevil Shute novel. I can’t wait.

 

Apparently Proust writes about memory and the different ways we process/don’t process moments. For example, if we can’t remember what happened a couple of years ago then maybe we are also unable to remember events from other lives and worlds. Fascinating. So, if we do remember an event then maybe some of our random thoughts could have happened also.

 

Something to cogitate.

:: posted by SarahJ, 10.8.04

0 Comments:

Post a Comment