released.

8.18.2004

Demolition Roof Plan - Part "A"

Hello again, and welcome back to our show. The day lingers.

 

Yesterday was highly productive as work goes. I managed to get here at 6:30am which meant that I was able to leave around 4pm. I of course took advantage of this with some heavy drinking of wine. Even though it was cheap stuff from Trader Joe’s it suited me just fine enough to make me have fun and then pass out. Joe and I watched “French & Saunders” and couldn’t hold back from practically falling over each other laughing. I truly don’t think that anyone has been quite as funny as them.

 

Work is going slowly today, and I am not as motivated as yesterday. It is harder for me to concentrate and focus. I suppose that it is just one of those days. I also have to write some coded notes which I absolutely hate with a passion. I suppose that when you hate something it makes procrastination easier. I am also looking forward to after work since I finally booked a haircut for myself. If there is anything that makes me feel brand new, it has to be a new haircut with a healthy dose of gossip from my stylist.  Of course I never personally know the people involved in the gossip, but it is great fun to imagine who these people are. It’s almost like I am given a story line to work with and everything else is of my own creation – accents and all.

 

I cannot believe that the summer is over and all I have done is work profusely. What ever happened to running through sprinklers, making slip and slides and walking around naked? The antithesis of that is what I do now as an adult, as most adults: sit in front of a computer all day, surf the internet and eat subway. Is this what responsibility is made of? Maybe one day it will make sense and become worthwhile. In the meantime I suppose I can get excited about a haircut.

:: posted by SarahJ, 18.8.04

0 Comments:

Post a Comment