released.

7.27.2004

To be learned...

This weekend was packed with many mixed events. Due to the plethora of activities I learned a lesson that I never knew existed. This shocked me greatly as I generally am told or aware of the lessons that are available to learn. We learn to blow out candles before we leave our apartment, we learn to not whistle in public as it is not a very ‘lady-like’ thing to do and we learn to curtsy in front of royalty. Yet, I never knew that I could be very bad at something and still enjoy it immensely.  

I always thought that we enjoyed what we were naturally gifted at. I suppose I confused the idea of pride with enjoyment in that I took pride in my accomplishments because I was good at them and naturally excelled. For example; you enjoy playing a trumpet because you can play Taps and people recognize the tune. I on the other hand realized that I love to dance and am incredibly bad at it. I am not a budding young gay boy who can exclaim his emotions with the thrust of a leg or arm – I am a bad dancer that loves to move regardless of the ramifications and misunderstandings of my jolting and hopping.  

So what are you doing next weekend? Want to meet at the nearest club? 

:: posted by SarahJ, 27.7.04

0 Comments:

Post a Comment